Monday, January 16, 2006

weekend log

On friday evening we went over to the new Smokey Bones restaurant on Talmage. Its easy to see the staff is mostly inexperienced, but they were trying pretty hard. My son loves working the audio controls for the televisions. Its funny that we don't allow eating in front of the TV at home, and eating at this restaurant reminds me why. The kids were like zombies, eating their food with glazed over expressions while staring at the cartoons.

On Saturday I drove the boy out to my dad's house for an overnighter. This gave us some much needed time to spend working around the house. It also gave him some much needed attention.

More of the same on Sunday. The remodeled down stairs room is ready for a last coat of paint and then the carpet. I hung a nice netting around my daughter's bed using 2 50lb drywall hangers. I gave the kids strict instructions not to pull on it. As the experienced parents would guess, that lasted under 24 hours. Megan called me to me that it has been pulled off the wall with a healthy chunk of drywall still clinging to the hangers. ugh...

At least I still have the drywall tools out from the work downstairs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not laughing at you Aaron....I'm laughing with you...

Having had past bad experiences with the whole arabian nights type bedroom theme when the girls were younger as you have discovered, I thought now that my youngest was 10 that when she wanted the netting it would be fine. However...I forgot one important fact.....Cats....

:-)