Thursday, October 26, 2006

Fall 06 Roadtrip - Day 6 - Luzern


Today we headed to the Transport Museum in Luzern, which is a very massive museum reminding me of the trains at Henry Ford museum in Dearborn, and parts of the Smithonian in Washington DC.


There are some great features for kids, like free razor scooters to travel around between the buildings, or on this special track to help learn traffic patterns.


There is an outdoor construction yard where they can sort, transport, and build with these resin bricks.


We stayed here about 4 hours, but I think you could spend about 3 days to truly go through and read everything.


Later we walked the streets of the city, visited the Library, browsed some shops, ate some nice foods.

This is a town I could definately see myself coming back to someday.It is very pedestrian friendly, and I've never seen so many bikes and scooters in my life. Check out the vintage bike in this photo...notice the lever brake that pushes directly against the tire.

No comments: