Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Scotland road trip 2008

I know its been quiet on the blog front as of late. Have spent the majority of my time planning and taking our Scotland road trip. If you want to see pictures you can visit my photostream at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aar0n/tags/scotland/

We had a great experience even though we looked for and didn't see:

1) Nessie
2) Dolphins
3) Salmon swimming upstream

We did see amazing scenery, castles, cities. Sampled great food, saw many native animals including the oh so cool highland cattle.

I could see myself going back and spending more time up north, visiting even more remote areas like Orkney, Skye, Staffa. I think the highlight of the trip for me was the isle of Arran; place has great features hiking through varied terrain and forests, picturesque villages, ancient monoliths, interesting geologic formations, 2 castles, a beer brewery, distillery, cheese factory (where you can stop and watch production at all 3 I believe).

A great trip and a hard one to top, though we will certainly try. Here are some of my favorite moments:







No comments: