Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Nice shot Wilkowski

It is time to take down my yard sign. I guess the people of Toledo really do not want change from the last 12 years of relative economic and population decline. If the supporters of Ludeman and Wilkowski joined together under one candidate they would have amost tied Carty, and beat Ford by 10%. I support Ford in the final election. He balanced the budget in hard times, and does not throw damaging temper tantrums when things aren't going his way. Ford certainly had the grass roots support out in force yesterday. I was handed two pieces of literature when walking in to vote, had one on my door when I came home, and found TWO answering machine messages from him. All this and I'm a registered republican!!! I received nothing from the republican party during the entire season thus far. I always vote for the best candidate regardless of party, but I found this fact interesting.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

I agree, they cannot win much in the short forseeable future.

Aaron said...

No, maybe too many Dems did what you are describing, getting Bush on the ballot instead of McCain. But their plan backfired when they couldn't put up a better slate of candidates for 8 years? 2008 should be real interesting.

Also, Ford is a thing of the past now. Onward and upward, or at least sideways.