Sunday, February 12, 2006

Last day in UK

I purchased a map of St Helens and surounding areas, caught a train a few towns down the track, and then wandered my back to the hotel. I estimate based on the map that I walked around 30 miles all together over an 8 hour period. It was really cool to stop through the town centers and see what people really live like over there. I stopped and spoke with various people, all of whom were friendly. One was very guarded until I assured him I was not a j witness.

After I ate and rested a while and ventured back out to hear some live music at the Citadel. Daniel Amor opened for Amy Wadge. I totally fell in love with Amy, she is so amazing. She rocked the acoustic 6 string, 12 string, and piano all the same. She was very energetic and funny, great great show. She was backed up by a pretty good band as well, including another keyboardist and standup electric base. I took a non flash snapshot, hope she doesn't mind...

No comments: