Monday, March 06, 2006

Weekend log

Saturday we ventured to the zoo for a puppet show in the Czechoslovakian style. The kids were a little scared when all the lights went out and the music came on, but when the story started coming together they really loved it. All of the puppeteers wore all black, and the puppets were lit with black lights. It really is something to see!

Saturday night I watched Japon by Carlos Reygadas. If you are looking for thoughtful movie WAY out on the fringes, give it a shot. I really couldn't relate in any way to this movie, but I can say it was unlike anything else I've seen. It won special mention at Cannes 2002. The main branch Toledo library has a copy.

Other than that I spent the rest of the weekend painting in our new family room. I bit more cutting in with trim and it will be ready for the carpet.

No comments: