Thursday, August 28, 2008

In Support of COSI Toledo

I've already said my piece about COSI Toledo. Even though its services are now greatly reduced, I still feel the same about supporting it wholeheartedly. I understand it is going back on the ballot for Lucas County.

Here is a link to my stance from two years ago:

In Support of COSI Toledo

Also here is a persuasive argument by Dan Johnson a while back in the Free Press

COSI levy will preserve important asset


In the mean time I have visited many more natural science and history museums across Europe with my family...most recently NEMO in Amsterdam. They created a terrific public terraced space on the roof which incorporates oversized board games, sandy play areas, a long waterfall and paddling pools for kids to play in. At the top there is a bar / cafe. Amsterdam is now on my favorite city list right along with Paris and Copenhagen. All the greatest "living" cities I've seen that attract creative industry, talent, and investment have excellent museums, parks, architecture, education, public transportation, and pedestrianized areas.

No comments: