Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend log

Had a blast at badders on Thursday and back to the traditional curry with a few pints at the Glass House afterward. I'll so miss both of those and all my new friends when I move back home. Friday night went with Paul, Dave, Dave, and Carl to the Oktober Fest in Warrington(the other Paul and Dave couldn't unfortunately make it but maybe simpler that way). It was beer heaven with over 70 real ales, porters, stouts, IPAs, ciders, etc on tap. I can't honestly remember how many I tried but I know my original 9 half pint tokens were well gone (and by half pints it was usually 3/4 pint to be fair) and the lads kept going to buy more :-). Without dinner I'm surprised I managed that but I guess some of those beers were like a meal in and of themselves.

I had planned to go down and check out Cardiff yesterday but recovering from a thick head took most of the morning and then pretty unmotivated to go anywhere with the blah weather and cozy house. Maybe next weekend? I used the time instead to catch up on some mail, finish moving preparations, watch some shows, make some cookies, etc. Also wrote some letters and am shipping off some gifts for some of my friends who have had babies recently.

I'm not a big fan of TV but every so often my friends recommend something and I get hooked. Most recent case of this is Dexter. I've slashed my way through the first two seasons and am getting bang up to date. Quality show that...last one I enjoyed this much was Lost. Its funny how much time can be wasted on Youtube as well :-). I highly recommend searching for the Human Skateboard stop animations, truly hilarious.

As for movies, I don't see too many of those either but randomly watched The Wind That Shakes the Barley a couple weeks before my trip to Dublin which helped put a bit of perspective on things when I went to the Kilmainham Gaol. I give the movie an 8*, thought it was nice.

No comments: