Wednesday, June 17, 2009

And the beat goes on...

Well, I've really fallen off the wagon with my poor blog. Its not that my life has suddenly become mundane after being sucked back into Toledo's gravitational field. Honestly, life has been very action packed and fun over the past, 8 MONTHS, egad has it really been that long?

I think 1 person per week has asked me if I'm on facebook, and the answer is still NO. I've been tempted but I think I can still happily accomplish all my social networking with email, telephone, and a more ancient method I've re-employed over the past year, pen and paper (oooooh).

So what have I actually been up to? I travelled to Philadelphia, Detroit, Pokagon, Cincinnatti, I took a grad level accounting course, watched Lost, started a victory garden, diy flooring, filled up a 55 gallon aquarium (thanks again Jeff), outfitted the living room, started up a little league team, attended PTO and TPS parent congress meetings, neighborhood association meetings, golfed on Sundays, practiced guitar, saw a movie or two, kept up a yoga practice, taxied the kids all over the place, and remained pretty much busy like that.

I have to say I'm thrilled with the development happening along the Dorr / Secor college town corridor. We now have great amenities within walking distance (e.g. coffee shop, ice cream, sit down pizza parlor). I've heard there was an idea to add a big roundabout at the intersection of Dorr and Secor and that sounds excellent to me. The intersections are so inefficient and generally unsafe around here. Just last week I saw a poor young lady (presumably a UT student) was hit by a car while crossing the street. I hope to get involved in the neighborhood / UT planning meetings.

Thats all I know for now... hey friends and family, drop me a line and lets get together this summer.

No comments: