Thursday, February 17, 2005

42...

Well, I guess, 429, actually. Yes, the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy has been made into a new movie to be released on 4/29/05. I really hope they do it justice, there will be a danger that the intelligent comedy can get lost in the slapstick.

Speaking of movies, Richard borrowed my NBK directors cut on VHS, and his VCR ate my tape so he is buying me the DVD...bonus! I also loaned him Get A Life volume 1 which he rated 'so-so'. Whenever his wife comes home and he is watching some crazy whacked out movie, he has watched it on my recommendation. I don't think she will be letting him play with me anymore. On that note, picked up the newer edition of Reservoir Dogs and also Forrest Gump tonight, two more of my favorite movies. How's that for a dichotomy? I like movies that are very artistic, slightly off kilter, intelligent, dark, and if some humor can't be found in all that I might forgive.

For those interested in the Toledo indie movie scene check out the work Joel Washing and crew have been doing:

http://www.toledofilmmakers.com/

No comments: